Sunday, April 01, 2007

Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention

I was making progress with the spinning today so when we went over to my in-laws I brought the wheel with me. I managed to spin about half of the first bobbin and decided to start the second bobbin so that when I had to ply the two bobbins together I would be able to fit it all on one bobbin. Low and behold I forgot the yarn for my leaders at home. I asked my mother-in-law if she had any twine but that would have been to easy. So I ended up using dental floss instead. You can see the dental floss in this picture where the arrow is pointing. It worked just fine.

I finished spinning the second bobbin and plied it. This turned out so much better than the confetti. It still isn't exactly what I am looking for but I like it a lot and when I took it off the noddy there was no twisting at all. That means I had a balanced yarn. I still have uneven spots but I think this yarn will be usable. I just have to figure out what I want to knit but that will wait until after I give it a nice bath and see how much yardage I have.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:17 p.m., Blogger N. Maria said…

    Your spinning is out of this world!! I wonder if I'll ever get there with the many hobbies I'm interested in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL