Friday, March 23, 2007

I Love Technology

After a positively horrible day yesterday I had the most lovely night. First, my daughter-in-law sent me some pictures of my grandson. I don't think I ever did say what his name is. Here is Matanel Eliyahu Tzvi or Mati for short (I'm not sure I spelled that correctly but my understanding is mom is calling him Mati) He has grown so much. I can hardly believe it, and he is so cute. I just want to pinch his cheeks.

Then I bought 2 webcams last week because they were on sale. I hooked mine up and sent one to my daughter in NYC. She received it yesterday and hooked it up. There are still some kinks to work out - she can hear me with a video call but I can't hear her - but I got to see everyone. I haven't made it to NYC since the summer and I miss everyone so much. It was great being able to see everyone even if I couldn't hear them. The novelty is new so the kids were eager to talk to me. Usually when I try to call and Henny asks if they want to talk to Bobbi they say no. Yesterday they were in front of the webcam like crazy fighting to see their faces on the computer. I will enjoy it while the novelty lasts. I also got to speak to my son earlier in the week. He is home from Israel for a month and I was going to surprise him with the webcam and he surprised me by bringing one with him from Israel so we got to video call. Like I said, I love techology. It is so great to get to see someone when you haven't been able to see them for so long. It's the next best thing to being there.

I even managed to get a little bit of knitting done last night. I am almost finished with the tier I was working on. I should finish that tier today and this weekend I'll get back to work on the blanket. My DIL asked if I could make a sweater for Mati so I have to try and go through some baby books I have and decide what I want to make. I love baby sweaters because they go so quickly. I'll search the stash for yarn that I can use.

I'm also planning on some SP10 shopping this weekend. There is something I saw last weekend that I fell in love with. Now I have to go buy it and hope my pal likes it as much as I do.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:13 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Cute! Congratulations again. :)

    That must have been amazing, seeing your family like that. Yay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL