Thursday, March 22, 2007

OMG!!!

I'm usually more talkative then this. It's been over a week since my last post. I guess that's because not a lot of knitting or spinning is going on around here. I am not quite sure why. Part of it is my nerves with the biopsy and part of it is this stupid silly computer game I got. I've been obsessed with finishing it and EVERYTHING seems to have gone by the wayside. However, the game keeps crashing on me and I had to reinstall it so I lost everything. Now I am going to try and put it aside and get some knitting done.

And speaking of the biopsy. I had it done this morning. If anyone ever tells you an endometrial biopsy feels like a pinch THEY LIED!!!!!! OMG that hurt worse than having 7 children and I had normal regular labour and delivery with all of them. I almost fainted and the nurse had to remind me to breathe. Once she reminded me of that I did my labour breathing (you never forget how) and that helped the pain a lot. The doctor said the cramping would go away right away but he lied about that too. Things are now subsiding 2+ hours after I had the test.

On the knitting front, not much is going on. I am working on tier 13 of the FPS and when that is done I am going to have to put it aside for a little while so I can finish the baby blanket for grandchild soon to be. When the blanket is done I'll go back to the stole and get that done.

For the SP10 we've been asked to post about our favourite knitting accessory. I have to say it isn't just one thing. My favourite things are my ball winder, swift, and footlets. You see I wind every ball of yarn I buy into a centre pull ball. When I buy a ball of yarn like this sock yarn, I try to find the centre and end up pulling out half the guts of the yarn and make a mess. So I rewind them into a centre pull ball and then wrap them in a footlet. They make great yarn bras.

Here is one of my ball winders. This is the Strauch Jumbo Winder. I bought it a while back and I honestly don't remember where I bought it except it was on line. I got tired of the yarn flying off the small Royal winder I had so I gave that one and the umbrella swift I had to my daughter. I have a small, medium, and jumbo winder and I love all 3 of them.

I replaced the umbrella swift with this one. It's the Mama Bear table swift I bought from Oregon Wood Worker. It is very portable and storage is easy and when I put a drop of machine oil on the top it spins effortlessly and makes winding skeins so easy. I have a lot of yarn that I've bought in skeins and with the spinning I have even more so this combination makes things so much easier.

So there you have it. My favourite knitting accessories. They come in so handy and make my knitting experience much easier and more enjoyable. I used to go nuts when I was close to the end of a ball of yarn and it would become a tangled mess. I don't have that problem anymore. The only time I don't bother with the centre pull ball is when I knit from cones. Then I just knit directly from the cone and that is not a problem for me at all.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Ooh, I was worried the biopsy would hurt. I'm sorry! And I thought you'd have cramping, considering a simple pap makes me cramp for hours every time. I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

    Are you at home, or did you go to work after your appointment?

    How big is that table swift? Is it big enough? I'm getting tired of my umbrella swift.

     
  • At 2:05 p.m., Blogger Knitting Therapy said…

    I am so sorry for the pain. We will keep good throughts coming your way for the results to be good.

    I know it is selfish, but I am relieved you are taking a breather from the shawl, maybe if I sprint really fast I can catch up with you!!!

    Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL