Friday, May 11, 2007

Ch Ch Ch Changes

Trying to take a picture of yourself is more difficult than I thought. I kept getting the camera over my face. When I managed to get my face showing I was looking at the camera and it was awful. This is the best I could do. I picked up my new glasses today. Joseph says I look more nerdy than before. He doesn't like the glasses but then he didn't like the previous pair either. I like them. I would have liked it better if I could have gotten a brown frame instead of black but I am happy with them. With the slightly different haircut and the new glasses I am so ready for my trip next weekend. Now all I have to do is get the knitting and packing done.

Speaking of knitting, look what was stuffed in my mailbox today. Shannon was working on some Trekking socks the first time she joined us at our SnB. I really liked the look of the sock she was working on so she sent me the url for her online source for this yummy yarn. I only ordered these 2 balls so I can give the yarn a try before I go nuts. I love the colours and I am sure I will be adding more of this yarn to my stash. Now I just have to decide what pattern I want to use to make my first pair. I have other sock knitting I want to finish first but I joined Summer of Socks 2007 so I will have plenty of sock knitting on the way.

I am almost up to the armhole on the second sweater. I should get there tonight. I am planning on getting this sweater done by Tuesday so I can try and knit a hat by Thursday.

Time for me to try and dye the blue fibre to match the yarn I ruined.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    coming along nicely on the sweater!!! I hope you meet your deadline. I love the trekking colors you chose. AND great new glasses!!

     
  • At 9:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Like the specs!

    Your Sockapalooza Pal has some lovely sock yarn in hand, and has narrowed down the many choices of pattern to -- so far -- just one, but would like some further information so that you will be happy with your exchange.

    Would you please supply your heel measurement, from the floor to the bendy bit at the back? Your Sock Pal is used to doing high insteps for the spouse, but doesn't want to assume that yours is the same and make the heel flap the wrong length.

    And what is the measurement at the ball of your foot? The pattern YSP is swatching is stretchy, but this can be taken too far, as you can guess.

    Your Sock Pal will be happy to come back and read your reply here, and thanks you in advance!

     
  • At 7:50 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    The length from the bottom of my foot to the bendy bit at the back is approx. 2.5 inches.

    The measurement at the ball of my foot is approx. 2 inches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL