Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Get My Blue Star! Yippee!!

I can't believe I was actually able to finish this on time. I've been up since 3:30 this morning and I have a horrible headache because I am so tired but the knitting is done!! Now all I have to do is block it. I'll do that in the morning before I go to work. I want to see what it looks like once it's blocked. I didn't do the plain knit rounds because I wouldn't have had enough thread if I had. I started this last Sunday and I worked on it at our SnB last week. Surpisingly enough I haven't touched my spindles for 2 days. I did discover something interesting. If I wanted to get a little more knitting time in when I was too tired to continue all I had to do was pick up my spindle and it gave me a second wind. Problem was then I made mistakes. I read the pattern wrong and had to fix 8 rows worth of stitches. I didn't want to tink back 8 rounds so I dropped the stitches and used a crochet hook to pick them back up again. I did that Sunday morning and it took me almost 3 hours to get it all fixed. Yesterday morning I had to tink back a round because one repeat had too many stitches and I couldn't figure out where the mistake was. In the end all the trials and errors of this pattern were worth while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL