Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Prayers Please

Shayna, my oldest grandchild, is in the hospital. She is having her appendix removed today. Henny spent the day with her in the emergency room yesterday. I am in the process of trying to change my flight so I can get to NY tomorrow. I am worried sick and yes I know Shayna will come through this with flying colours but all your prayers would be greatly appreciated. Henny said that the entire time they were in the ER Shayna was just worried about Henny. She wanted to make sure Henny got food to eat, was able to go to the washroom etc and was worried about her brothers and sister. This is Shayna's first experience being really sick and she's really scared, as you might expect. Yoni has had his share of surgeries but this is a first for her. Me, I just hate being so far away. I can't wait for the surgery to be over so I can try to stop worrying. Of course I will feel much better once I get down there and can help with the rest of the children and get to the hospital to see Shayna. Now I have to figure out what to bring a 13 year old as a get well gift. What else are grandma's for if not to spoil the grandchildren.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:48 a.m., Blogger kimbelina said…

    My thoughts and prayers are with Shayna. Hope you're able to change your flight. And for a 13-year-old, I suggest magazines or books.

     
  • At 8:48 a.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:50 a.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Shayna is in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you and Henny too!

    Hmmmm...a gift....

    Does Shayna have any sort of portable music, MP3, disk player? That can liven up a hospital stay.

     
  • At 2:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts are with you! Hope all goes well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL