Friday, May 25, 2007

The Jig Is Up!

The person I am spoiling for SP10 finally figured out who I am. I can't begin to explain how much this pleases me. I am not very good at keeping secrets and I think she is the most amazing person. Her name is Ramona and she is Mezzodiva. Since she figured out who I was, and we both live in the GTA, we decided to go to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka The Yarn Harlot, together. I drove over to Ramona's house when I left work and we went to Knitomatic. I've never been to Knitmatic before. I didn't manage to leave without any yarn, big surprise. I bought some Misti Alpaca baby alpaca in a yummy buttery colour. It is laceweight and I have to figure out what it wants to be.

I think Ramona and I were either sisters' separated at birth (as she likes to say) or we were sisters' in another life. It is truly freaky just how much we have in common. I am so glad we were paired together. I just know we are going to be friends for many many years to come. Ramona made me a lovely pair of socks for my birthday from a pattern of her own design. They are gorgeous. I wasn't able to get a picture that didn't look blurry, and if I tried to use the flash it changes the purple colour of the yarn to blue. I will get a picture in the sunlight and then post it. This is Ramona as we got something cool to drink at Starbucks before we went to wait in line.

All the knitters' rocked the house at the Indigo on Bay and Bloor. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. The turn out was amazing. I have no idea how many people showed up because I can't really guess things like that but there were people on the steps, and all over the place. Here are just some of the pictures.






Joey came all the way from Ohio to see Stephanie. It was very nice meeting him. Just further proof that despite popular belief men knit too. Thank you Joey, he took the first group picture that is shown above.

Ramona with Stepanie.
That's me. It is such a thrill to have been here. I am glad that Ramona and I did it together. It was so hot in Toronto today I think if I wasn't planning on going with Ramona I would have bowed out due to the heat. I am so glad I didn't. Thank you Ramona for going with me. It was wonderful meeting you face to face.

Tomorrow I am going to Gemini Fibres for the spin in. I was/am so looking forward to it but I wish I could split myself in two and be able to go to the Yarn Crawl and Gemini Fibres for their Spin in tomorow. I am going to bring the Joy. I haven't really used her since Victoria came and since it has the woolee Winder I am going to use that wheel.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:46 a.m., Blogger MezzoDiva said…

    This crazy lady keeps thanking ME after she has been so unbelievably sweet and generous and spoiled me rotten. She even picked me up at my door and took me home (and stopped at the grocery store on the way!). Not to mention all the loot and swag and all the positive vibes she's sent my way.

    Love ya, "varmint"!

     
  • At 2:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was so much fun last night. I loved it that we could see her. I met so many nice knitters and Stephanie Rocked Bay/Bloor last night. She liked the name tag and will put it up on her bullentin board with her other memorbilia. I love our SnB on Tuesdays I really hate it when I have to miss one. I think your blog is great.

    I will be having pics up on my flickr site. Will post an url on
    Stephanie's blog when she next post.

     
  • At 6:53 p.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I am sooo glad that you two get along great! Whoot!

     
  • At 8:04 p.m., Blogger jacquieblackman said…

    It was a blast! And my sources said there were something like 350 people there last night. A pretty good showing, if you ask me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL