Monday, January 01, 2007

Last Minute Yarn Buying

I was so good. I went to Lettuce Knit twice. One day they had 30% off on all yarn and I just bought roving, no yarn. The next day I didn't buy yarn either. I went to Romni Wools the same day and I didn't buy yarn, not even sock yarn. Yesterday I couldn't resist. Both my married sons' wives are expecting. One is due in Februray and one in May. I've decided to try and spin the yarn for one but I don't know if I can spin for both so I decided to get the yarn for it. Yesterday I ordered some merino undyed lace and fingering weight yarn from KnitPicks. When I told Henny about the Knit From Your Stash 2007 and I was going to try and do it she just laughed at me. I'm going to try and show her that I can resist buying yarn for 9 months. It's not going to be easy but I've accomplished more difficult things this past year. I can do this too.

Speaking of accomplishments. In March 2006 a very good friend of mine lost his father. When I went to visit him to offer my condolences he told me he was going to see this doctor about trying to lose weight. I asked him for the name of the doctor. I went to see Dr. Poon on April 20, 2006. As of Dec. 31, 2006 I've lost a total of 90 pounds. I was hoping for 100 by the end of the year but that didn't happen. Even though I am slightly disappointed I am so very happy with the successes I have had to date. I am looking forward to reaching my goal in 2007. Once I get a chance to get a newer picture taken I'll post an updated picture.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! 90 pounds! You have my admiration! I have an awful time trying to stick to a diet...I am a chronic joiner of Weight Watchers but fall off the wagon after a few weeks. Is there any chance you could blog about your weight loss journey? It is helpful to a lot of us. Congratulations on your hard work, Rochelle!

     
  • At 11:01 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    I am debating giving the knit-from-stash thing a try, but I don't know...I've got some gifts in mind for this year that I'm definitely going to have to buy yarn for, but I can make my own stash rules. If gift yarn and spinning fibre isn't included, I may be able to knit from stash. The problem is that some of my stash yarn is so special I'm not ready to use it yet!

     
  • At 1:30 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Maggie you decide what rules work for you. In Wendy's rules, if you need to buy yarn for a project that you don't have the yarn you can use in your stash, you can get the yarn. The yarn police won't come and arrest you. If you decide to join we'll support one another.
    /Rochelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL