Sunday, December 31, 2006

Real Success!!

I couldn't wait for both bobbins to be stuffed with singles before I plied. Instead I did about a half a bobbin each and then plied the two together. I LOVE IT!!!! The yarn is soft and fine. I don't have a wpi measurement yet but I will get it sometime tomorrow. Best of all there was absolutely no overtwist at all. Not a single spot. I can't believe how good this batch came out. Now I have to try and spin enough of it for a baby blanket. There were maybe 2 spots where the single was obviously thicker but that's fine. I can live with that. The fibre is a dream to spin. Sherri you were right to tell me to try the SAF. It's great to work with.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I hate to tell you I told you so, but in this case I did!

    LOL

    Glad you liked it.

     
  • At 10:57 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Can't wait to see the yarn tonight! Congrats on getting closer to your spinning goals!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL