Saturday, December 30, 2006

Getting There Slowly But Surely

I think I'm slowly getting there. Here's what I managed to spin last night. I think it's the South African Fine but I'm not 100% sure because I put this in a ziplock bag before I started labeling them. The single ply is the finest I've been able to do so far. So the question remains will it stay as consistently fine as I can get it or will it become worsted weight again? I don't even mind too much if it ends up being DK weight but I am itching to get it to where I want it to be.

On a positive note, I don't think I am doing too badly because when I was at Romni and I took out the noddy that had fibre on it so I could put the purchases in my wheely bag. The guy behind the counter looked at it and said it was nice. I said not really because I want it more even and finer but I've only had the wheel a little over a week. The gentleman said, "now you're bragging." I was seriously considering giving the yarn to Joseph's school. He goes to gifted once a week and they always need things. I just washed the 2 skeins of yarn that I did from the roving that came with the wheel. I'll decide what I want to do with it after it's dry. I'll post more on the trip to Romni later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL