Friday, December 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Joseph

Today is Joseph's 12th birthday. It's hard to believe. It feels like he was just born yesterday. But then again I feel the same way about Henny, my oldest. He's decided he wants to go to Montana's for dinner so we have a reservation for today. Getting a reservation for 3 people at a restaurant just before Christmas isn't an easy thing. I called on Sunday and was told that they couldn't do it. It wasn't until I mentioned it was for Joseph's birthday that they said ok. If anyone has ever been to Montana's, they do this birthday thing with a hat with horns and the entire restuarant sings happy birthday. He wants that. I'll post pics after the event.

This is what I managed to spin on the Joy last night. There are even and uneven spots but on the whole it was a lot better than my first attempt on Wednesday. I'm getting better at treadling slowly. I had problems with the fibre breaking at one point. Everytime I rejoined it would break again but I finally managed to get it done. The plying is so much easier with the 2 bobbins but sometimes I felt I couldn't treadle fast enough or the yarn wasn't winding onto the bobbin fast enough. I'm not sure which one it was. I still might get a Precision Lazy Kate but I need more practice and time to debate if I really need it or not. I want to get a Katie-A-GoGo for my spindles so if I decide to get that I probably won't need the PLK. I have some pencil rovings I want to try next but with the dinner tonight it might have to wait until tomorrow. That's ok because I have a short day at work today and then it's not back at the office until Wednesday, HOORAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL