Saturday, December 16, 2006

Time For Reflections

I can't believe the year is almost over. The time just flies by so quickly it's scary. Wendy has started a "Knit From Your Stash 2007" The rules are simple and I really need to give this one a try. I'm starting to spin so I am glad that rovings isn't included in this because I'm just starting to collect a spinning stash. As I've said in my profile, I have more yarn than I will ever live to knit so I think it's time for me to start using some of what I have. I must confess that I did buy yarn yesterday. I went to Mary's Yarns and picked up the two hanks of Blue Face Leicester she was holding for me for the longest time. So what you see will hopefully be the last yarn purchase I make for the next 9 months. Mary also has some red Zara yarn that I had asked her to hold for me. I'm just not sure it will work with what I had in mind for it. I thought it was Wool Gatto to go along with the pine green Wool Gatto I bought. I'll have to decide what I am going to do. If I do buy more yarn that will be the only thing I bring into the house, I hope, other than perhaps sock yarn. Paul will be thrilled with this one, if I can hold out, because he is always telling me I have too much yarn and I should use some of what I have before I buy more.

I've also started a Yahoo Group KAL for my sock pattern. I was asked by some people and I thought if there was enough interest people would join and if there isn't I'll attempt to figure out how to cancel the group. I was looking around at that because I wanted to change the name to BrancedFernSockKAL with the first letter in each work capitalized but I can't figure how how to do it or delete the group and start another one. I'm new to all this so I'll see if I can eventually figure it out.

There has been suggestions of sending the socks to the SocksForSoldiers and I think that would be wonderful. I just don't want people to feel that they have to do that and that's why I started the group this way.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Rochelle - I'm doing it too, so we'll support each other and cry on shoulders during yarn sales.

    What's the addy for the CAL? I'd love to join.

     
  • At 3:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Rochelle! I just joined both! Branched Fern and Socks for Soldiers! I am really looking forward to starting this after the Christmas crazies are over. I am very frustrated though because the yarn stores in my area just don't have pretty solid sock yarns...they seem to have ugly, boring colors! Do you have a favorite online source?

     
  • At 6:38 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Kate, I must admit that the yarn I knit for the contest, the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Solids is very nice to work with. Their URL is here: http://www.cherryyarn.com/index.html NAYYY HTH

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL