Thursday, December 14, 2006

Oh Joy!!!!

How I will manage to contain the excitement for the next 5 to 7 days I'll never know, but, that's just what I'm going to have to do. My Ashford Joy wheel was shipped today. It should arrive in 5 to 7 days. I am so excited. I'm told that because I have the drafting pretty much down pat with spindle spinning I shouldn't have that much of a learning curve with wheel spinning. I'll find out soon enough.

The yarn I had such a horrible time plying is finished. It weighs 106 grams and has 330 yards. I suppose that makes it somewhere between fingering and sport weight. I was hoping for laceweight to fingering. I originally bought 225 grams of the pencil roving from Lettuce Knit so now I have to decide if I want to wait for my wheel to arrive before I spin more of it or do I just want to spindle spin. I have fibre on 4 different spindles so I might just work on the same pencil roving I have but in a different colourway. It's amazing how much different the yarn looks after it's spun in comparison to the roving. I want to get some more pencil roving. It's so easy to spin. I just love it. I also want to dye some of the SAF I have. Mixing different colours will be fun. I'm just not sure if I want to dye it before or after it's spun. I don't want to have to worry about the roving felting when it's dyed and then I'll have difficulty spinning it. The Fleece Artist Merino Sliver I'm spinning has that problem and it's extremely difficult to keep the spinning even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL