Monday, December 18, 2006

Promises Kept

I know I said I would post the pics of the Lyra last night but I didn't manage to get the pictures taken over the weekend. So I took the camera with me to work and took the pictures before 9 this morning. I'm a very lucky person. The chairs at work all have wheels. When I wanted to take the overhead shots I went to stand on the chair and I was silly enough not to make sure the back was against the wall. The chair went wheeling while I tried to stand. My ass hit the floor hard and my head hit the wall. No broken bones and no blood. I'm a little sore but not the worse for wear thank goodness. So here are the pictures. The colour didn't come out very well. It's a lovely minty green and it doesn't show up at all. I'm not getting back on chairs to retake them so this will have to do.




4 Comments:

  • At 5:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ouch! So glad you are okay. Lyra is stunning! It is on my "to-do" list...I actually have the pattern but haven't found the right fiber. What did you use? Stay well! :-)

     
  • At 6:06 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    I used DMC Cebelia size 20 and 2.5mm needles. I finished it a while ago but I have such a difficult time blocking because of my back that I usually procrastinate when it comes to blocking. I was pleased the flowers didn't pucker. I've heard people have a problem with that.

     
  • At 4:48 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    I'm not really sure how long it took. I would say about 3 or 4 months. It took longer for me to get to block it then it took for me to knit it. I don't know if the pattern is available anywhere anymore. It is a Herbert Neibling design. I have it in a leaflet set I bought from Germany years ago. There is a similar one in the Japanese Knitted Lace book as well. I think it is in a 1986 issue of Anna magazine as well but I can't remember what month.

     
  • At 10:25 a.m., Blogger StickLena =KnitLena said…

    Oh my, I had to blink several times when i first saw this VERY beautiful object. This must have taken a lot of time, but the result look to be worth it :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL