Saturday, December 23, 2006

Much Better

I managed to get the rest of the Northern Lights Autumn Twilight spun. I am having a much easier time now. The spinning is getting easier. I don't have as much breakage and I am treadling slowly but not as slowly as when I first started. Even with the slightly faster treadling I am still able to keep up with the drafting. The bobbin looks a lot better than it did the first time I tried spinning with the wheel.

After some final Christmas shopping early this morning, I came home and plied the 2 bobbins. No matter how hard I try, I can't get both bobbins to have the same amount of yarn. I Andean ply what is left on the bobbin that has more yarn. It's now resting on the niddy noddy. I am learning the best way to do things. The pying is way overspun at the beginning and I know what I did wrong. When I realized what I was doing things were much better and that yarn is balanced. I am going to let the yarn sit on the noddy for a while to help with the overtwist. I'll give the yarn a bath tomorrow and then wait at least 24 hours for it to dry. I think the skein weight is going to be about 120 grams. When I take it off the noddy I'll weigh it and figure out how much yardage I have so I can figure out what lace I am going to knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL