Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More NaKnitMo Finishes

NaKnitMo knitting continues. I've actually met my goal of 150,000 sts. I did that yesterday. The deadline to increase has passed so I am going to try and see if I can get to 170,000 even if it won't be official. I finished Revontuli except for the blocking. I used Noro Silk Garden sock yarn. I love the Noro colours but, honestly, I am not a Noro yarn fan at all. It's the second time I've knit with Noro. The first was a pair of socks out of Kureyon sock yarn and this is the second. Unless I see something amazing I don't think I'll be knitting with Noro again.

I also finished another pair of socks from the Regia Kaffe Fassett Designer Line. I can't even begin to express how much I love the way these socks work up. I found that Mary's Yarns in Markham carries the yarn so I went last week and picked up this colourway along with a skein of Lana Grossa Meilenweit Solo yarn in colourway number 5201. Then I decided instead of using the Meilenweit for socks it needed to be another Revontuli so I went back on Friday and got another skein of Solo and 2 more colourways of the Regia yarn.

I've cast on the second Revontuli and am almost finished with chart 2 but I haven't taken pictures yet. Pictures will follow when the shawl comes off the needles. I love the way the colours are working up and it will be interesting to see how much it looks as the shawl becomes wider.

This is the third pair of socks from the Regia Designer Line. I've started the gussett on the first sock and this is the second sock. Joseph has a dentist appointment this afternoon so this is the sock I decided to bring with me to work on while I wait for him to finish.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Those socks do look fantastic, I'm absolutely fascinated with the way the pattern waves like that. You are a knitting machine! I cant believe how much you have knit :)

     
  • At 3:25 p.m., Blogger Creativehands said…

    Please share your Noro issues...I'm always interested in the tricks that Noro plays!
    Nice socks...
    Next time you're travelling north, drop by Pick Up Sticks. They have lots of pretty yarn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL