Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Creative And Knit Night

Friday I went to the Creative Festival. I was surprised by the amount of fibre arts they had this year. The overall show was cut in size by half. They only used one hall where in previous years they used two. However, there were yarn shops and local businesses that I haven't seen at the show in many many years. It was great to see. Now I hope the amount of fibre arts will continue to increase year over year. I was pleased this year where last year, even with the free ticket, I thought it was a waste of my time.

I didn't buy much but after going through my fibre and yarn stash the previous weekend I really didn't plan to. I bought buttons for my grandson's Baby Surprise jacket. I bought an 8 oz. bag of Ashford merino fibre from Romni Wools in a lovely purple colour.

Last year at the festival The Black Sheep and Ewe had these lovely ceramic sheep figurines from Ewe and Me. I'd been looking for this one ever since I saw it at The Purple Purl. When I saw that Black Sheep and Ewe had it I bought the only one they had with them.
This year they had this little guy and I felt it would be a perfect companion to Grandma's Present. I just love them. It's a shame he didn't have more of the small ones. I want to get a family of them. With the two medium/large sizes I have now I want to get some of the small ones and have a sheep family. Tom said it isn't easy for him to get them so I'll have to just get them as I see any I like.

The last thing I bought was a skein of Clestial Merino sock yarn from British Yarn. The colours were such fall colours I couldn't resist. Now to find the time to actually knit socks with it.

Tuesday night I went to The Purple Purl for their knit night. Look who came to visit! It's Cookie A. I wish I had known she was going to be there. I totally would have brought my Sock Innovation book for her to sign. Yeah I know I'm a complete geek but I don't care.
Speaking of socks, I am in the Tri Wizard Tournament group on Ravelry. One of the three tasks we had for October was to knit something blue or with waves. I decided to use this as an opportunity to knit some Regia sock yarn that I had in my stash. I couldn't find a pattern with waves that I thought worked with the yarn so I designed these. Miko from The Purple Purl came up with the name Shells in the Waves and I like it so I think I'll keep it. I still have to block the socks get better pictures and work up the pattern but I will do it eventually.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL