Sunday, September 13, 2009

Worries & Joys & KW

It's amazing how quickly things can change in life. You go along almost like a robot - work, shopping, home etc. Then suddenly something happens and it changes your entire perspective. That's what's been going on around here lately. As you might know from my last post, my MIL was in the hospital and for a while there it was touch and go. I'm pleased to say she came home from the hospital on Sunday. There are no words I can use to describe how great that was. If that wasn't enough, my oldest daughter gave birth to her 4th child on Friday as well. He was 6 lb. 1 oz. at birth and just look at that head of hair. He looks just like his brothers. I can't wait for my SIL to upload more pictures. Henny came home from the hospital today and both mom and baby are doing fine. Name to follow on Friday. That wasn't the only celebration on Friday. My 3rd son Usher's birthday was on the 11th as well. He just turned 27. He is thrilled to have a nephew with the same birthday as his. See, hang in there and you can get through life's curves no matter what. You just have to have faith and pray. I know there are more challenges to come but right now I am grateful for the happy times and I'll deal with the challenges when they get here.

Yesterday was the Kitchener Waterloo Knitter's Fair. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it but since I had the good news on Friday I decided to go. I only stayed about 2 hours and overall I think I was pretty well restrained. I had only planned on getting fibre and I was true to that to a certain extent because I didn't buy any yarn. I picked up the lace flyer kit for my Little Gem. It comes with 2 fat core bobbins and the fast whorl. I'm hoping that will help the pull on very fine singles. I also bought the stylus with 2 stylus bobbins. Laurie from The Black Lamb was at the fair so I had her bring my order there so I didn't have to worry about it being shipped. Now I have to finish the second bobbin of puple corriedale I'm working on and get it plied so I can play with my new toys.

What I did buy at the fair was this silver GoKnit Pouch. I've wanted it ever since I saw Amy come back with hers. Don't ask me why I was so crazy for it because I'm not sure. It looks similar to the bag the Little Gem comes in and I can't stand that bag. This I fell in love instantly. I bought it from the Shall We Knit booth.

This is the only fibre I got. It's Bombyx silk roving from The Rovin Spinner's. I would like to spin it on the charkha once I get a little better. I'm in love with the colours. Their two different colourways but they are both shades of purple so I figure I could use it to ply with some purple fibre I already have or some purple Rambouillet I should be getting in the next few weeks.

The Jordana Paige Knitter's Messenger bag I bought from Julie at The Needle Emporium. I had not expected her to have it because I didn't email her to remind her since I didn't decide to go until the last minute. Julie remembered it so I picked it up. I wasn't sure about the pink at first but I do like the pale shade of pink and I love the inside. It goes on forever like the Knitter's Satchel and I will be able to fit tons of stuff in it when I need to.
The first thing I bought were these buttons. They were the last thing I expected to get. I did not do buttonholes for my February Lady sweater therefore there was no need for buttons. Well these buttons had their own idea. I saw them at the Cabin Fever booth. It was the only card they had and they were just perfect for my February Lady sweater. So now I have to decide how I am going to put them on. I am first going to try sewing on the buttons and put snaps underneath. If I don't like the way that looks I get more yarn, crochet a border and do loops.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:54 p.m., Blogger Creativehands said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Glad to hear all is well with Grandbabies and Great-Grandma's!
    Please show us what the bag looks like all open and loaded up!

     
  • At 12:01 p.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    Fabulous to read about all of your good news! Mazel tov! You have been a very busy knitter..just puts me to shame.

     
  • At 3:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good news all around! have a wonderful day

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL