Thursday, August 06, 2009

Success!!!

As some of you know, I took my first spindle spinning class in November 2006. I got my first wheel just days before Christmas the same year. Finally, after all this time, I have some yarn I love and am knitting with.

This is Ashford fibre and it's a merino/silk blend that I bought from Gemini Fibres. I had 320 grams of fluff when I started and ended up with 316 grams when I was done. The yarn is about 28 WPI and according to the McMorran yarn balance is about 2950 yards per pound. That means I have pretty close to 2,000 yards.









The pattern I've decided to do with it is the Spring Blossoms Shawl by Eugene Beugler. So far I am really enjoying the knit.

Now to see if I can spin some sock yarn. I have some corriedale in a brownish red colour on Lizbeth and some Fleece Artists merino/silk sliver in a peacock blue colour on Rose. I want the blue to be laceweight and the red to be sock weight. We'll see how it turns out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:07 p.m., Anonymous Sherri said…

    It's lovely Rochelle - just lovely.

     
  • At 11:20 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    WOW, I'm so in awe of what you have been able to do. Just awesome.

     
  • At 2:10 a.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    I always find it interesting to see a fiber spun and then knit into something gorgeous. I can't wait to see your shawl blocked.

     
  • At 10:08 a.m., Anonymous doilyhead (Glenda Hunt) said…

    Dreamy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL