Sunday, June 14, 2009

World Wide Knit In Public Day

WARNING, rant below and really no knitting content. Feel free to skip.

Yesterday was WWNIPD. I left the home bright and early to head off to the Purl for a wonderful day of fresh air and knitting. I stopped for a salad on the way and discovered (or so I thought) that my debit card wasn't working yet again. So off I go to the bank to try and find out what's going on. I'm told my card is fine. So I try to use it in their ATM and do a balance check and almost had a heart attack. Next I do a transaction history and I find out that sometime between 4PM on Friday and 9AM on Saturday some miserable bastard managed to get into my account and withdraw $500. Now that might not seem like a lot to some people but it sure is a lot to me. Now I have to wait 10 business days while the bank conducts their investigation before I can get my money back. This is the second time money was taken from my account and the 5th time my card was compromised. I don't use my card at the gas station, or no name ATMs. I only go to one banks bank machine and that's it. I was so distraught yesterday I almost didn't go to the Purl. I called there and spoke to Miko and she was so great on the phone. I was quite hysterical. I must have given her quite the fright. I didn't get much knitting done and the park was pretty cool until the sun came out in the afternoon so I ended up spending the day inside the Purl. I managed to spill someone's tea and that caused me to have another melt down. Oh well. I'm feeling better today. I know the money will be re-deposited into my account once the investigation is over but I am furious. Furious that NO ONE will tell me where this keeps happening. The bank says they don't know. They are not given a place where the cards are compromised. The police say it would hamper their investigation. Well, what about when the investigation is over? Don't I have a right or do just the F**KING criminals have rights? I've tried figuring this out and still haven't managed. Obviously, it has to be places I go regularly. I ALWAYS cover my hands when I put in my pin but I understand that doesn't even matter anymore because they have other ways of figuring out your pin. I am just sick of these damned criminals. GO OUT AND GET A F**KING JOB AND LEAVE MY HARD EARNED MONEY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:37 p.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Geez Rochelle, that sucks...this has happened quite a bit to you...I'd be furious too!

    Hope things get straightened out soon...
    hugs

     
  • At 12:38 p.m., Blogger Carol said…

    I don't know where you bank, but there has been a lot of that sort of activity in the Durham region. In fact, in the last series of arrests it came out that even the ATM at the CIBC bank was compromised! As easy and convenient as ATM cards are, I'm having to reconsider my affinity to them. Best of luck getting the situation resolved. Here's hoping it never happens again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL