Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another Frolic Come & Gone

It's amazing how you can look forward to something for an entire year and now, poof, it's over.

I had a great time. I did finish the vest in time. I went to The Purl after work and finished the neck/front border. Then I * knit the armhole border, sewed up the side seam and repeat from * The last end was tucked in 10 minutes before the store closed.

I am not even going to embarrass myself by posting pictures of everything I got. Suffice it to say it was a lot. I had ordered some stuff from various vendors prior to the frolic and asked them to bring it so I could save on shipping. For example, I ordered the SMALL size Hiya Hiya needles from 1.75mm down to .70mm from Red Bird Knits and she brought it for me. I ordered the 1000 Japanese stitch dictionary and got that at the frolic. Aside from the preordered stuff I bought some sock yarn and lace yarn. Oceanwind Knits was the first stop and I only bought 1 skein of lace yarn. Then I picked up the pink version of the Jordana Paige Knitter's satchel that I asked The Needle Emporium to bring for me. You get the idea so I think I'll stop there. Now to find a safe place for the very thin knitting needles so they won't get totally bent out of shape.

I should add, I also took a class with Debbie New. She's the author of Unexpected Knitting. I took a class on Labyrinth Knitting and boy was it fun. I have to see if I can make a blanket for someone using this technique. If I get the blanket alright then I can try for other designs.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL