Monday, November 09, 2009

DKC Bus Trip


Saturday was the 4th annual DKC bus trip. This is my first year going and I am so glad I did. I am pretty sure it won't be the last time I join the group. We gathered bright and early at Finch sation and were on our way promply at 8. The first stop was The Needle Emporium in Ancaster. It was great to see Julie on her turf. I'm used to seeing her at the Knitter's Fair or the Knitter's Frolic. Her selection is vast.
Julie always has a great bag selection and this time was no different. I bought the Namaste Hermosa bag in eggplant.



I was pretty good in terms of yarn. I only bought 2 skeins of Regia Designer sock yarn in their Exotic Pool colourway and a skein of lace yarn from Prism yarns. There's about 1,460 yards to this 100 gram skein. The colourway is fog. I just fell in love. In addition to that I bought the fall Knitter's magazine, a sheep tape measure, a Berroco pattern booklet with this pattern and some cords and 6mm tips for my Addi Clicks.


Once we were done at The Needle Emporium we borded the bus and headed off to lunch.



The bus driver took us from Ancaster to Caledon. The drive was about an hour and the scenery was gorgeous. Lunch was delicious. We had pumpkin soup, quiche with salad and then pie for dessert.



I felt sorry for our bus driver. They kept asking him to move the bus. When we finished our lunch we had to walk up the hill (not far at all) and passed this. I am guessing it's supposed to be a man and a woman but I'm not totally sure.

From lunch we went to our final desitanation - Camilla Valley Farms. I was finally able to get the 2mm - 40 inch Addi lace circular needles I'd been looking for.


I only bought the needles and this purple tencel yarn. I have an idea what I want to knit with it but I'm waiting to see if the cotton yarn I originally was going to use for that project comes in. If it doesn't I'll use this for another Magickal Earth shawl since the one I knit earlier in the year seems to want to continually develop holes.

No pics from Camilla Valley. I was so tired by the time we got there and suffering from horrible nausea so I totally forgot. It's in the middle of nowhere and really is a farm. You could tell the minute we got off the bus. Surprisingly enough though, they didn't have sheep, only cows.

As for NaKnitMo, I didn't get to knit quite as much on the bus as I would have liked because the nausea was getting bad. I did managed to knit some on both the second sock for BIL and the Spring Blossom shawl. With the knitting I did once I got home I managed to knit just over 7000 sts on Saturday.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:55 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Sounds like such a fun trip (except for the nausea!) Its a bummer that you didnt get to knit as much as you would have liked, but you did get some really yummy goodies!

     
  • At 1:10 a.m., Blogger Maureen said…

    Looks like a fantastic trip! I love the bag you purchased (and the yarn!).

     
  • At 10:26 p.m., Blogger Creativehands said…

    I think I've found the cure for nausea!!! I can't take credit for it, but I can spread the word!
    Ginger Tablets.
    I used the Gravol brand, but I'm sure some natural food store brands work just as well.
    Try it!! It can't hurt and it sure helped me.
    Hope to meet up soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL