Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Son The Soldier

My son Shlomie had to report to the army today. He knew this was in the cards when he decided to become an Israeli citizen. Originally he had to report in December but the date was pushed up. It's tough because he got married at the end of June and being apart from his wife will be difficult for both of them. Me, I'm a mom who will worry but because of his age (he's 25) I'm hoping he won't be in any sort of danger. Right now he's off to boot camp. I'm going to try not to worry and even though the time change can make calling Israel difficult, I want to be there to help support my DIL. We'll see how it goes. I know I'm a little bias but I think he looks great in his uniform.

Tonight is Snb night and I brought my Bosworth book charkha with me to play. Just realized I forgot the camera at home so I can't take pictures. I haven't forgotten about the picture I was supposed to post. I just haven't had the time to actually get the picture taken. One of these days I will do it.

I'm in the process of knitting a pair of socks for my BIL. I got sick of his asking but knitting these socks reminds me of why I don't like knitting socks for men. The feet are too bloody long. I'm not really liking it. I love the yarn. I am using some Brunswick Nylamb that I had it my stash and all I can say is SOFT!!! The yarn is a dark brown and that doesn't make it easy on my eyes but the first sock is almost done.

I'm also working on a scarf that someone asked me to knit as a store sample. The yarn is Mirasol Sulka in colour red onion. The yarn is a very lightly spun yarn that's 60% merino, 20% alpaca and 20% silk. This yarn is yummy. Because the yarn is so lightly twisted I'd sure love to try to spin with it. I'm using my Addi Clicks to try and keep the yarn from splitting and it seems to be working. I'm not having a difficulty knitting with it. The spinner in me keeps wishing it was fibre I could spin.

Where does the time go? My newest grandchild will be 7 weeks on Friday. Henny received the Baby Surprise Jacket I did for him. Now to find or spin yarn so I can make him another one. Still waiting for pictures of him wearing it. Will blog once I have it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:21 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    I hope your son is safe and warm. And your grandbaby 7 weeks old. How wonderful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL