Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday

Yesterday, November 15th the Purple Purl turned 2. As they did for their first birthday they had a sale on purple yarn. I took advantage and got some Noro Silk Garden sock to knit Revontuli. I've seen this quite a bit lately and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to give it a go. I've only used the Noro Kureyon sock yarn and honestly, except for the gorgeous colours, I didn't enjoy the knit at all. I'm hoping the Silk Garden will be different.



Miko and Jennifer thank you for making your "little purl of a shop" such an inviting place to be. I've made many new friends and acquaintances over the last two years. When I go to the purl it's just like knitting in my living room only so much better. Keep up the great work. I look forward to many more years of laughing, shopping, knitting and just spending time together.

Due to the birthday bash I spent the entire day at the Purl and got some great knitting time in. Between yesterday and early knitting this morning I managed just over 10,000 sts yesterday. I'm increased my NaKnitMo goal to 120,000 and I might just increase it to 150,000 as Drea suggested. I just want to see how the next few days go before I commit. Totals as of this morning is 84,632 out of 120,000.

I finished one sock using the Regia Kaffe Fassett designer yarn I bought at The Needle Emporium last week. Originally I was doing a k3p2 rib starting at the top of the foot and then ripped it out. The yarn really needed just st st to show just how nice this yarn really works up. Pictures to follow once the second sock is done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL