Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Purple Purl

It was a very busy and eventful day today. It started off with me leaving the house at 6:30 to finally getting the winter tires put on my car. Then I went to Ramona's. We've been planning on getting together for the longest while but life kept getting in the way. We decided to go see this new yarn shop called The Purple Purl that opened last week in the Beach. You can see some pictures of the place here (bad blogger that I am, I forgot my camera). Thank you Sherri for the pictures. The place is amazing. It has a very spacious and extremely friendly atmosphere. The owners are Miko and Jennifer and they are just amazing.

Of course there was no way I was going to spend all day in a yarn shop and walk out empty handed. I bought two skeins of sock yarn. One is Araucania Ranco Multy in colour PT496. The second one is Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino in colour Sugar Maple. I'm trying to get away from the purples and blues I tend to buy all the time. Ok, so I only half succeeded. I'm greatful for baby steps. I also bought some yummy fibre. It's an angora/merino blend and it is so soft. They also had some alpaca/silk blend I might get the next time I go. They have knit night every Tuesday so I might go the weeks I am off from my regular snb, weather permitting.

Ramona came with a lovely gift for me yesterday. I won a contest on her Campanula for the Cure KAL and this is the first time we've met since I won so she brought me my prize. The yarn is laceweight 50/50 merino/silk blend from Perchance to Knit and the colour is Midnight Rainbow/Harlot's Peacock. The picture doesn't do it justice at all. You can't see the different colours that peek through when you look at the yarn. It is gorgeous. There's approx. 1150 yards of yarn here so I have enough for a shawl. I think there is a Fiddlesticks knitting pattern that this will become sometime soon. Now I have to figure out which one it wants to be.

I really have to give a big thank you to everyone at the Purple Purl. We arrived there around 10:30 and then went for breakfast. We got back around 11:30 and stayed until past closing. They close at 6 and I don't think we left until closer to 7. If you have a chance to go there, you really should. You won't be sorry, trust me.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:59 a.m., Blogger MezzoDiva said…

    What a fabulous day we had!
    Thanks for your warm and wonderful friendship and for always being able and willing to lift my mood and make me forget my troubles.
    XOXOXOXO...always

     
  • At 9:43 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're more than welcome Rochelle - it was great to see you and Ramona. I enjoyed my day very much, and it was made all the better for spending it with friends, both old and new.

    Now you see why I'm always raving about the Purple Purl :-)

     
  • At 3:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you are going to check out the knit night at the purple purl I may meet you there as well! I'd love to try out another one.

     
  • At 8:04 a.m., Blogger JenniferC said…

    It was so great to meet you! Miko and I are so glad you like our purl of a shop! We look forward to many an opportunity to just while away the day in the presence of good company!

    Thank you for making it a great day for us too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL