Saturday, January 06, 2007

Northern Adventures

Today I went up to Gemini Fibres. I was supposed to meet Maggie there but for some reason I can't seem to get to Gemini without a bit of an adventure. This is the third time I've gone up to Mt. Albert and it's the second time I've had an interesting journey along the way. The only time I got there without any problems is the first time I went when I went for the spinning class. The drive was smooth today but I guess it was too fast. I didn't remember the trip up the 404 going so quickly the first time. So I thought I needed to drive along Woodbine Ave. for a while before I would hit Mt. Albert road. Next thing I knew I saw a sign for Keswick. That's too far north. Thankfully, I've been to Maggie's place twice before so I ended up finding my way to Maggie's and we went to Gemini together.
The second time I went up to Gemini I went along Highway 48 and went way too far because I was looking for a sign for Mt. Albert Road. I had no idea they don't have that sign on Highway 48 but the sign says York Side Rd. or something like that. The good news is that now that I've gotten lost twice going there I shouldn't have any problems going there again because I know my way from both ends now.
Ok, so here some of what I bought.
This is Fleece Artist Merino Sliver in a purpley colourway.

This is Fleece Artist Merino Sliver in a blue colourways. It is similar to the blue I bought when I took my spinning class.


This is a Fleece Artist Merino and Silk blend. It is soft like butter. I just hope I can spin with it. I have some knitting I MUST get done so I am going to have to cut way down on the spinning for now.

Maggie and I split a 100 gram bag of silk hankies but I think I am going to have to wait a little while before I give that one a try.

I also bought another treadling hook. I forgot the one that comes with the Joy at home one day when I brought the wheel over to my in-laws. I got another one so I can just keep it in the carrying bag and then I'll have it with me in case I forget to put the Joy one back in it's proper place.

The last thing I got is the Katie-A-Go-Go. I want to give it a try but I don't have anything that needs plying right now.

And this is the yarn I plied while Maggie got lunch ready. I have to do more so I have enough for a baby blanket. I think I'm almost there. I might just start to knit with it and when I run out I can spin more. I haven't decided yet. First I have to knit another blanket with some yarn I have in my stash.

You know what's really sick? I've been spinning on the wheel since December 20th and the way I draft on the wheel is totally different to the way I draft on the spindle. I think I've forgotten how to spindle spin!!! Since I really can't allow that to happen I must spindle spin more so I don't lose the touch.

Last but by no means least, I had to take Joseph back to the orthodontist yesterday. One of the wires split and it was poking him in his cheek. All is fixed now. The tooth that was out of place has moved quite a bit. You can really see the difference now. It is almost back in place so I am feeling a little better about everything now. Joseph's mouth is still pretty sore. According to Paul he had to eat very soft food today because the chewing and biting was causing too much pain. I am hoping things will improve by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL