Thursday, January 04, 2007

Guilt!! It's Horrible!!

Right about now I feel like I am the worst mother on the face of the planet. Why you might ask? Somewhere between December 20th and 22nd, Joseph told me the bracket on one of his teeth had come off. I was planning on calling the orthodontist but I forgot. A few days ago Paul looked at Joseph's mouth and couldn't believe his eyes. If you look at this picture closely enough you will see one tooth is behind the others. This shift took place in under 2 weeks!!!! The teeth that had brackets were trying to push the tooth without the bracket out of the way and it is now behind the other teeth. We went to the orthodontist today and after great pains they finally managed to get another bracket on the tooth and they put new wire on the bottom teeth. Joseph was in so much pain after all this he was crying in the car on the way home from the dentist. The good news is he is feeling much better now. The bad news is that tooth is still extremely sensitive. We have to go back in 6 weeks to see how much progress has been made in that tooth getting back to the proper position. Can you imagine it took less than 2 weeks to get this way and if we're lucky it will be back to where it should be in 6 weeks????? There has to be something wrong with this picture. It's just not right!! I understand the reasoning behind it but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

This is a very important lesson I learned and I pass this lesson on to anyone who has children with braces or if you have braces yourself. Don't wait!!! Run to the dentist if the brackets ever come off of the tooth.

I don't have anything new to report on the weight loss front but I have been really struggling lately because I've been feeling peckish at night. I haven't been doing anything to satisfy the feelings but it's a pain in the butt. I find myself walking in the kitchen looking around for something I can eat. I haven't eaten anything I'm not supposed to but I suppose my biggest fear is that I will. I wonder if my not having lost any weight recently and the bouncing up and down 4 or 5 pounds is part of the problem. Maybe if I admit this to everyone then it will help me stay on track.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Joseph! My son just got out of 3 years in braces; he's in retainers now.

    When I wander the kitchen looking for food, it's stress. I'm not even hungry. It is at its worst in the winter, too. I think it is decreased sun light and not enough exercise! All this early darkness makes me want to put on my pjs and go to bed at 5:00 p.m., yet in Summer I am active until almost bedtime! Could you find something fun to do in the evenings that is active and entertaining?

     
  • At 9:38 p.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Rats...poor Joseph! I hope he's feeling better soon!

     
  • At 7:14 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    I'm working on getting exercise back in my life. It's not easy with the knees and feet. That's why I would love to swim but I've been staying away since the dizziness incident. I will get back to it. For now I keep myself busy knitting or spinning. That keeps my mind occupied and then the feelings pass.

     
  • At 5:36 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Gees, that tooth moved fast! Don't beat yourself up over it. I am sure you feel terrible but teeth do move and you did find it. I hope you and Joseph are feeling better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL