Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Insanity Reigns

I must be nuts. I joined another KAL. Like I really needed one. I've never knit a Christmas stocking and I figured the KAL would be a good excuse to give it a try. I have no idea what the yarn is. I bought it at Wal-Mart on the weekend. I liked the sparkley look and I liked the blue colour so I decided to give it a try. The yarn is soft. Acrylics have really come a long way from when I first started knitting. I'm halfway through the cuff, I believe. I need to do 2 more repeats of the Nosegay pattern before the heel is done. The pattern is the Fisherman Stocking.

On another note, Joseph tried spinning last night. He did it first with the yarn and couldn't wait to try spinning with fibre. I showed him the park and draft and he is having some challenges with it as we all do when we first start but when he decided to put it down he told me I had "infected" him. I told him that if he wanted I would let him take a workshop at Gemini Fibres the next time they have one. I think he is becoming interested. When he was younger he expressed an interest in knitting and it quickly passed. Maybe this will rekindle that interest. I showed him the You Tube segment on Real Men Knit that I saw on Haley's blog. If it will help I might just buy the dvd as well so he can see that real men really do knit and you're not weird if you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL