Thursday, November 30, 2006

Back To Spinning

This dried a lot faster than I expected so I was able to take a picture today. It looks even better than when I was blocking it. I might give it to one of Joseph's teachers. She is a knitter and I know she would appreciate it. Originally I was thinking of making her a pair of socks but I don't think I would be able to get them finished in time anyway.


The spindle is the Golding I got in the mail on Sunday. I've been spinning the Louet Merino/Silk 80/20. I have not been able to get such a consistent fine laceweight single before. I think it is because of the small spindle. The spindle is the 2" one and the weight is only .6oz. I love it. I'm just not sure I am doing such a great job winding the cop because the spindle is starting to wobble. Of course it is possible I have too much fibre on it since it is such a small spindle. It doesn't feel heavy at all. I'll figure it out eventually.


1 Comments:

  • At 11:30 p.m., Blogger Beth said…

    Holy Crap. That's all I have to say about that...the spinning and the knitting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL