Monday, December 04, 2006

A Little Disappointed

I know I had told everyone that I didn't expect to win, and I really didn't. It was the first time I had ever tried to design something much less write out the pattern. But deep down I guess I thought "you never know." I didn't win, or come in second, third, or even get an honourable mention. What is she talking about you might ask? Remember back when I was working on designing my first pair of socks? I didn't say anything about the contest because if I had I think I would have gotten my hopes up even more. The socks I was trying to design was for a Cherry Tree Hill Yarn sock design contest. And as I said I didn't win. I feel silly being disappointed because I honestly and truly did not expect to win. So why am I feeling so horrible about it?

On that note, if I can figure out how to post the pattern I'll post it here so others might be able to enjoy it (I hope). The socks are knit from the toe up and the lace pattern on the socks is an adaptation of a stitch pattern in one of the Barbara Walker treasures. The pattern itself is a mix from Jackie E-S' Basic Toe Up Socks pattern and a Turkish cast on to start the socks. If anyone is interested you can email me and I'll email the pattern to you. There is a link to my email on my sidebar. When Maggie gets back I'll ask her to help me in posting the pattern.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    The picture of the socks can be found here http://yosemite-knittingaddiction.blogspot.com/2006/12/little-disappointed.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL