Monday, January 31, 2011

Hats

When I went to the Woodstock Fleece Festival in October I bought a kit for the Ladybug hat by Barbara Telford. I wasn't really pleased with the yarn that came with the kit so I decided to substitue. The sheep hat from my previous post was done using Louet Riverstone and this is the same yarn but different colours. I knit the sheep with 4.5mm needles and felt the hat was too big. So this hat I knit using 3.75mm needles and, of course, it's too small. I also didn't realize I was supposed to knit antenna for the hat as well as the tassels but that's alright. I think it looks great just the way it is. This one is going to go to a friend's daughter. I also have orders for hats for my son who loved the baby set I sent down for his daughter. My grandson wants a sweater too because why did granny knit somethins for Sara Liba and not for me, so I am going to be very busy knitting hats and sweaters for the next little while.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 

AddURL