Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who Are You....

...And what have you done with Rochelle. That's what a friend of mine said last week when I showed her all the colour knitting books I bought. Why? Because I hated colour knitting. I tried it about 15 years ago and I couldn't stand it. Then the fiddlehead mittens came my way and I knew I had to knit them. So I took a class at The Purple Purl and voila. Here are my completed Fiddleheads and I've already started my second colour project.

In case anyone noticed, the colour sequence is opposite to the one I did in the first mitten. When I finished the second mitten I realized the gauge was totally different from the first so I ripped the first mitten and knit a third one. I like it reversed better. It's what I had originally planned but I messed up when I started knitting after the cast on and knit the colour squares with the dark and the white squares with the lavendar. These are now the way I intended them to be. The dark are lavendar and the light are the purple. It took a little getting used to but I finally was able to get the hang of it.

I am having a lot of fun with this colour knitting and that totally surprises me. Now I have to try and knit colour socks but I think that will be a little ways off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL