Saturday I had the 2nd and final Fiddlehead mitten class at The Purple Purl. I still have to do the lining but here it is with the thumb complete. When I do the second mitten I am going to do the gusset increases with m1 by picking up the loop between the stitches instead of doing a backward loop onto the needle. I think it's going to give me a much neater result. I'm so anal that if it works I'm actually thinking of either redoing this mitt or giving the mitts away. I bought a Tanis kit for this in purples and after the knitting olympics I intend to knit the 2nd mitt and another pair using the yarn from the kit.
I've decided to change the yarn I'm going to use for my Miko challenge. If you need a reminder of what it's all about you can see it here. When I ordered this yarn from elann.com last week I thought it was a little lighter. On their site it's called dusty wine. To me this looks more like a dusty pink but I like the colour and I think it will work much better than the cotton I had started with. Now I just have to begin all over again. The first month is almost over and I have 91 samples to knit. I should get it done but I'm anxious to get started when the olympic knitting is out of the way.